Jobs @ empirica
empirica is an independent research and consulting company with a strong international orientation. For 30 years we have been working for numerous clients in five business areas: eSkills & Work, Energy, Research & Innovation, eHealth & Care, Inclusive Society. Our 30 employees conceptualise, analyse, moderate and provide food for thought. Through scientifically based data collection and evaluation in dialogue with decision-makers from politics, business, science and society, we shape options for action for the future. You can expect highly topical topics, interdisciplinary project teams and flat hierarchies.
We are hiring
Project Manager (f/m/x) eSkills & Work
Your field of activity
- Responsible implementation and acquisition of primarily international but also national projects and service contracts for the European Commission, national governments and other clients from industry.
- You gradually assume responsibility for the implementation of international projects, the deployment of personnel and the management of the "eSkills & Work" business area. This means that you will play a key role in the acquisition of new projects and lead them.
- You will maintain and support an existing network of well over 1000 experts from very different fields of experts from European and non-European countries (e.g. European and national associations, science and research, universities, other educational and training institutions, NGOs, industrial companies, governments) and develop this further together with the business area.
- A completed master's or diploma degree in economics or social sciences, political science or comparable studies.
- Several years of international professional experience in the field of "eSkills & Work".
- Willingness to expand national and international networks of experts and a confident appearance in these networks.
- An own network of international contacts in the field of "eSkills & Work".
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and German.
- A very good ability to self expression. Experience in the management and acquisition of national and international research and consulting projects.
- Experience in the preparation and moderation of international events (workshops, conferences).
- Permanent employment with income prospects above the level of public service.
- Excellent work-life balance through flexible working hours and home office options.
- Rapid take-over of responsibility in national and international projects.
- An attractive and centrally located workplace that can be reached by bike, train or bus.
- An exciting, informal and multicultural working environment.
We look forward to receiving your application with complete documents (including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, salary expectations and details of your availability).
Please send applications by e–mail to
empirica offers internships and job opportunities for students from different disciplines, enabling them to gain job experience in European projects. This may be your first step towards a career in consulting and research. Several of our consultants started to work for empirica as a student and were hired when they had obtained their university degree. We offer the following positions for students.
a) Assistant in European projects
Students from various backgrounds, such as economics, social / political sciences, IT, geography and communication / media studies
- good command of the English language (in writing and communication)
- interest in ICT–related topics
- ideally: skills in statistics and/or other empirical methods
Internships should not be shorter than two months.
b) Assistant for the analysis and presentation of statistical data
Empirica is searching for student assistants from various disciplines like economy, sociology, geography, communication and media sciences, mathematics, informatics and others from universities and applied universities.
- high affinity towards data, in particular towards statistical datasets,
- first experiences with the methods of empirical social research and with the processing of datasets, as well as the willingness to quickly familiarise with new methods,
- confident interaction with the Microsoft Office Package,
- enthusiasm for the cooperation in international projects within future–oriented subjects.
Further reasonable requirements are
- experiences with the usage of professional statistics software (e.g. SPSS and Excel) or the willingness to quickly learn these,
- a good command of the English language, both written and verbal,
We offer the work in an open–minded, interdisciplinary team in the framework of European and international projects. Basically, the possibility to develop subjects for diploma thesis based on the project work exists. In cooperation with university tutors we offer extensive support during the preparation of such a thesis work.
Ideally the applicant is still at the beginning of his or her main courses or at the end of the basic courses to be available as student assistant for a longer period (at least one year). The more intensive he or she is engaged in the daily project work, the wider the area of tasks could be.
c) Assistant for webdesign and website maintenance
Basic requirements are:
- HTML and CSS skills
- Experience in setting–up websites according to current W3C standards (HTML, CSS)
- Basic layouting / graphic design skills
- Ability to work independently on a management–by–objectives basis
Further to this we would welcome:
- Experience with TYPO3
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Experience with Macromedia Dreamweaver or any other HTML-Tools
- Experience in the creation of accessible websites (according to W3C WCAG)
- Experience in server and network administration (Win Server 2008 R2, WAMP)
- References: own web projects, project work experience
We offer an interesting and varied working environment as well as good payment. empirica's team is open–minded, interdisciplinary and used to work in a high–profile ICT environment. Further to the technical side of the job (programming, website maintenance), we offer numerous opportunities to also engage in content–related project work on various issues. Whatever you do, there will be experienced colleagues near at hand to provide advice and help.
How to apply
- To apply for a student job, please send us a statement of interest with a short CV and information about your studies, main examinations taken, skills in empirical methods, interests, IT skills.
- Applications for internships should be sent about 2–4 months before start of the internship.
Please send applications by e–mail to
Please understand that we cannot reply to unspecific requests for internships or jobs without any information about the applicant and his interest.